Amanda Kilroe is counsel at Vicente Sederberg's Los Angeles office, where she focuses on real estate and land use law, corporate law, and licensing. She has advised developers, assisted in the preparation of environmental impact reports, and represented financial institutions in a wide variety of real estate secured financings.
Prior to joining VS, Amanda operated a small private practice advising clients on all aspects of the medical marijuana industry, including employee handbooks and contracts; zoning and municipal code compliance; cultivation, wholesale, and distribution; and health and safety permits and licenses.
Amanda's first years out of law school were spent practicing real estate and land use law at Paul Hastings, LLP and Buchalter, A Professional Corporation. At Paul Hastings, she coordinated cost allocation for the infrastructure development of a 10,000-home master-planned community in Irvine, California; advised the developer of a 400-acre property regarding compliance with local and federal laws dealing with housing and traffic impacts; and assisted in the preparation of all aspects of an environmental impact report (EIR) for the largest continuous expanse of private land in California. At Buchalter, Amanda represented financial institutions in real-estate secured financings for acquisition, construction, and development, loan origination, modification, refinancing and restructuring, tax credit equity investors, syndicators, and community development entities in various tax credit finance projects.
- Co-author, "5 Resolutions for Your California Cannabis Business," January 14, 2022
- Speaker, National Hispanic Cannabis Council, "Cannabis Real Estate Considerations,” Online, January 27, 2022
- Speaker, Vicente Sederberg LLP, "East Coast vs. West Coast Cannabis Licensing,” Online, May 13, 2021
- Speaker, The Craft Cannabis Club: Cannabiz Connect, "How to Succeed in Competitive Marijuana Business Licensing | Vicente Sederberg LLP,” Online, December 16, 2020
- Moderator, INCBA Cannabis Law Institute, "California Cannabis Licensing "Table Talks",” New York, October 03, 2019
In the Media
- Columbia Law School, "Complex and Cutting Edge, Cannabis Law Is New Ground for Columbia Law Alumni," September 13, 2021
- Cannabis Therapy Potcast, "Cannabiz Connect: How to Succeed in Competitive Marijuana Business Licensing," December 16, 2020