Christina Sava is an associate attorney at Vicente Sederberg LLP working from San Francisco. She focuses her practice on serving as outside counsel to seasoned and start-up cannabis businesses in California and assisting businesses in navigating local and state-level cannabis regulations and implementing compliant standard operating procedures. As clients expand and diversify their operations, Christina reviews their protocols and handles regulatory compliance considerations in corporate deals. A tactful and dedicated advocate, she understands the challenges of launching a new business or transitioning from the underground to the regulated marketplace in the shifting cannabis regulatory environment. Christina is an expert negotiator with local and state regulators and has experience pursuing administrative actions to defend her clients' interests.
Prior to joining Vicente Sederberg, Christina worked with renowned marijuana and drug policy advocate James Anthony at the Anthony Law Group in Oakland, California. There, she helped clients understand and navigate over 300 pages of newly-created California cannabis regulations, obtained local cannabis permits in dozens of California cities and counties, participated in the rollout of the nation’s first cannabis social equity program, and helped draft sensible local cannabis policies.
Christina graduated with honors from the University of Miami School of Law, where she also learned how to be a Mindfulness in Law educator. She still speaks on the topic of mindfulness for professionals at conferences around the country.
Leadership & Community Involvement
- Member, California Cannabis Industry Association
- Founding Board Member, Cannabis Law Section, Alameda County Bar Association
- Member, International Cannabis Bar Association
- Member Resources Team Member, ABA Young Lawyers Division
- Young Lawyers Star of the Quarter, American Bar Association
- Author, "Leasing Due Diligence Checklist for California Cannabis Businesses," September 2, 2020
Co-author, "California Cannabis Businesses Preparedness Resources for Wildfires, Power Outages and Remote Audits," August 28, 2020
Co-author, "Coronavirus and Cannabis: California Regulatory Updates," April 29, 2020
Co-author, "The Mindful Lawyer: Consider Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation," Florida Bar News, April 2019
- Speaker, Vicente Sederberg LLP, "California Cannabis Packaging and Labeling Compliance,” Webinar, July 15, 2020
- Presenter, San Francisco Chapter of the Asian American Bar Association, "Mindfulness, Body Awareness, and Stress,” California, September 26, 2018
- Presenter, ABA Young Lawyers Division Fall Conference , "Yoga for a Productive Day ,” Colorado, October 05, 2017
- Presenter, ABA Young Lawyers Division Spring Conference , "Mindfulness in Advocacy,” Montreal, Canada, May 04, 2017