As an attorney in Vicente Sederberg's Denver office, Corey's primary focus is regulatory compliance for hemp and marijuana businesses. Whether you are an entrepreneur, business owner, investor or operator, Corey Cox is, in a sense, the translator who helps you understand the cannabis industry's legal restraints, risks, and opportunities, so that you can realize your business plans in a dynamic regulatory environment.
Marijuana-focused clients turn to Corey to help them understand and navigate Marijuana Enforcement Division rules and regulations to secure licenses, manage risk, and develop and sustain compliant operations.
Similarly, Corey assists hemp businesses across the supply chain, both domestically and internationally, to identify, understand, and comply with applicable regulatory requirements. This includes securing necessary local, state and federal licenses/registrations to cultivate and process hemp; guiding clients through FDA regulation of consumable hemp products; and working with client marketing teams to design and implement compliant, risk-informed packaging, labeling and promotional materials.
Corey is a Colorado native and two-time graduate of the University of Colorado. Prior to joining VS as a law clerk in February 2016, Corey worked in the Office of Compliance Services for the University of Colorado Athletics Department.
Leadership & Community Involvement
- Member, Cannabis Committee, American Herbal Products Association
- Member, Government Relations Committee, American Herbal Products Association
- Member, Sports Nutrition Committee, American Herbal Products Association
- Co-author, "Five Common Misconceptions About CBD," NCIA Member Blog, May 13, 2019
- Co-author, "How Did We Get Here? A Brief History of Cannabis Legalization in Colorado," Law Street, June 30, 2017
- Presenter, MJBizConNEXT, "Hemp Market Outlook,” New Orleans, June 12, 2019
- Speaker, CBOutlook CBD:B2B, ""With Friends Like..." Decoding FDA, USDA & State Plans,” Denver, March 28, 2019
In the Media
- Hemp Industry Daily, "Five Things CBD Insiders are Looking for From the FDA," May 21, 2019
- NCIA Blog, "Five Common Misconceptions About CBD," May 13, 2019
- Denver Post, "Legislators, hemp advocates say farm bill is a boon for Colorado’s growing industry," December 13, 2018