Dwight Clark serves as a senior policy analyst, licensing specialist, and technical writer for the firm. He has drafted applications and worked on licensing issues in Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Maryland, Missouri, New Jersey, North Dakota, Ohio, Texas, and Canada. Dwight regularly advises state and local governments on responsible cannabis policy and regulatory issues. He also manages the firm's Oklahoma and Michigan programs by working with clients from initial concept to licensure to compliant operations.
Before joining Vicente Sederberg, Dwight spent four years as the Legislative and Communications Director for Texas State Senator José Menéndez. As Legislative Director, he drafted and advocated for Texas' first comprehensive medical cannabis legislation. As Communications Director, he was the Senator's principal speechwriter, online content producer, and regularly interfaced with the media. He also served as Committee Clerk for the Defense and Veterans Affairs Committee in the Texas House of Representatives. Before working in government, Dwight spent a decade successfully managing and working on political campaigns ranging from city council to president.
Dwight is also a featured speaker on cannabis policy and regulation, having spoken at SXSW and numerous other civic engagements, panels, and conferences.
- Presenter, CannaCon Oklahoma, "Civics Class for Marijuana Businesses and Entrepreneurs: How to Comply with Current Regulations and What you can do to Change Future Regulations,” Oklahoma City, April 18, 2019
- Speaker, NOCO Hemp Expo, "The Lobbying Continues,” Denver, March 29, 2019
- Speaker, Texas NORML Cannabis Kickoff, "Hemp in Texas,” Austin, Texas, March 13, 2019
- Speaker, Bridge West , "Accounting, Tax and Legal Strategies for Cannabis and Hemp Businesses in Oklahoma,” Oklahoma City, January 24, 2019
- Speaker, Michigan Cannabis Business and Compliance Seminar, "Municipal and State Licensing Tips,” Detroit, December 08, 2018
- Speaker, Cannabis Legal Group, "What Michigan Can Learn from Colorado,” , October 16, 2018
- Speaker, SXSW, "Bringing Cannabis MMJ Out of the Shadows,” Austin, TX, March 13, 2017
In the Media
- Texas Public Radio, "Legislators Offer Different Ideas To Ease Restrictions On Medical Marijuana Program," March 15, 2019
- Texas Cannabis Report, "New Bill Aims To Expand Texas Medical Marijuana Program In 2017," December 6, 2016