A seasoned corporate and securities attorney, Ilya helps cannabis companies in all aspects of general corporate counseling and capital markets transactions, with a particular focus on public and private financing, corporate governance, securities law compliance, and strategic partnerships. Since entering the cannabis space, he has assisted cannabis issuers ranging from start-ups to multi-state operators (and everything in between) in structuring complex transactions for regulatory compliance, multi-state application, and growth opportunities.
With a decade of capital markets experience under his belt and an understanding of investor goals and demands in the institutional space, Ilya has a bare-bones approach helping clients, which focuses on straightforward deal-making, regulatory compliance, thorough diligence, and flexibility.
Before joining Vicente Sederberg, Ilya worked at Greenberg Traurig LLP in Boston and Los Angeles and Ellenoff Grossman & Schole LLP in New York City. His experience includes representation of issuers, underwriters, investors and broker/dealers in connection with equity and debt offerings. Ilya has previously represented issuers and investors in the life sciences, emerging technology, and entertainment sectors. He has also represented dozens of public companies in capital raising, securities compliance, and stock-exchange related matters.
Leadership & Community Involvement
- Guest Lecturer, Cannabis Law Course, Boston University School of Law, 2019
- Chai Committee Member, Combined Jewish Philanthropies, 2017 - 2018
- Speaker, NCIA Northeast , "Growing Beyond State Lines: How to Expand Your Cannabis Business ,” Boston, February 20, 2020
- Speaker, Boston Bar Association, "Three Years Out: Why Are There So Few Adult-Use Marijuana Dispensaries?,” Boston, December 12, 2019
- Presenter, CANNABIZ, "Raising Capital and Investing in the Cannabis Industry,” Hyannis, May 22, 2019
- Speaker, Boston Bar Association Venture Capital Conference, "Hot Industries for Investments: Cannabis and More,” Boston, April 04, 2019
- Speaker, Boston Bar Association Cannabis Law Conference, "Corporate and Investment Law in the Cannabis Industry,” Boston, November 01, 2018