J.D., Syracuse University, magna cum laude
M.B.A., Syracuse University
B.S., Business Management, Arizona State University
Jason Adelstone is an associate attorney in Vicente Sederberg’s Denver office, where he focuses his practice on federal and international policy, impact litigation, corporate and business law, and cannabis regulatory compliance. From advising clients on international policy reforms—especially as it relates to obligations under the three international drug treaties—to drafting contracts and performing market analyses, Jason is a valuable resource for his clients.
Before joining VS as an intern in 2018, Jason served as a law clerk for the Onondaga County Attorney’s office in New York state. Prior to law school, he gained worldly experience through his tenure as a logistics supervisor of beverage, retail, and finance operations for the U.S. Antarctic Program, where he worked with government agencies and contractors at McMurdo Station on Ross Island.
Jason attended Syracuse University College of Law, where he received his Juris Doctorate, magna cum laude, and Master of Business Administration degree.
- Contributor, "The Cannabis Business: Understanding Law, Finance, and Governance in America’s Newest Industry; Chapter 8 'Introduction to Cannabis and Bankruptcy Law'," December 30, 2020
Lead Author, "Memo to the INCB Regarding Draft Guidelines on Control Requirements for Medical and Scientific Cannabis," May 24, 2021
Co-author, "Memo to the INCB Regarding International Control of CBD Preparations and the Impacts of Potential Reforms," December 1, 2020
Co-author, "2020 Elections and Cannabis: Focus on Arizona," October 29, 2020
Co-author, "Exploring Alternatives to Bankruptcy for Cannabis Businesses," April 17, 2020
Co-author, "Can Hemp Companies Declare Bankruptcy?" September 27, 2019
Co-author, "Member Blog: A Summary Of Colorado’s Publicly Licensed Marijuana Companies Bill (HB19-1090)," June 3, 2019
In the Media
- Arizona Daily Star , "Here Weed Go Podcast Has a New Episode," May 18, 2022
- Benzinga, "Which Countries Will Likely Legalize Cannabis In 2022 And Why Isn't The US Among Them?," December 23, 2021
- The Colorado Sun, "Coloradans Convicted of Marijuana Possession Could Easily Get Their Record Sealed under New Bill," April 5, 2021
- WeedWeek, "Status Update: Arizona," January 21, 2021