Senior Associate Attorney
J.D., Northeastern University School of Law
B.A., Brandeis University
Jeremy Shaw is a corporate and regulatory attorney in Vicente Sederberg's Boston office, where he advises public and private companies in the areas of state and local cannabis licensing, corporate structuring, financing, and navigating M&A activity in a manner compliant with applicable cannabis regulations.
In 2017, Jeremy assisted in the representation of the plaintiff in Barbuto v. Advantage Sales Marketing, LLC, which resulted in the groundbreaking ruling by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court establishing the availability of certain state disability law protections for medical cannabis patients. During law school, Jeremy served as co-Chair of Northeastern University School of Law’s chapter of Students for Sensible Drug Policy and interned with Vicente Sederberg’s Massachusetts and Denver offices, as well as with Federal District Court Judge Nathaniel Gorton of the Massachusetts Federal District Court. Jeremy is a former elected Town Meeting Member of Brookline, MA.
Leadership & Community Involvement
- Elected Town Meeting Member, Brookline, Massachusetts Precinct 4, 2015-2019
- Co-author, "Guide to Closing Cannabis Transactions Between Private Companies," August 6, 2020
- Speaker, Vicente Sederberg LLP, "Cannabis Mergers & Acquisitions,” Webinar, September 10, 2020
- Speaker, NCIA Northeast , "Growing Beyond State Lines: How to Expand Your Cannabis Business ,” Boston, February 20, 2020
- Speaker, NECANN Vermont Hemp & Cannabis Convention, "Tax-and-Regulate Startup Lessons from Legal States,” Vermont, May 18, 2019