J.D., University of Denver Sturm College of Law
B.A., University of Texas at Austin
Jerrico Perez Bennett is Counsel in Vicente Sederberg's Denver office. She focuses her practice on administrative law, regulatory compliance, and national marijuana business applications. Jerrico assists cannabis business owners and other associated individuals and entities with regulatory, licensing, and compliance issues, and has successfully represented clients in state and local hearings, negotiating and resolving regulatory disciplinary actions, and successfully appealing and seeking judicial review of final agency actions. She has also helped her clients receive licenses in multiple competitive and non-competitive application processes, including Colorado, Ohio, Hawaii, California, Maryland, and Canada. In a constantly-evolving legal landscape, clients look to Jerrico to help them navigate the complex regulations governing the production, manufacture, and distribution of cannabis and cannabis products in the United States and abroad.
Jerrico began her career in cannabis working with a marijuana consulting group assisting with national licensing applications. During law school at the University of Denver, she was a law clerk at Vicente Sederberg, practiced in the DU Criminal Defense Clinic, and was a member of DU Law’s Students for Sensible Drug Policy chapter. Jerrico obtained her B.A. in political science and government from the University of Texas, Austin, and while there, she interned for Texas State Representative Ry Guillen during the 82nd legislative session.
- Best Lawyers®: Ones to Watch, Administrative/Regulatory Law, 2021
- Co-author, "2020 Elections and Cannabis: Focus on Arizona," October 29, 2020
Author, "Can't-miss Cannabis Business Opportunities in New and Growing Markets," August 21, 2020
Author, "Cannabis Business Licensing Opportunities Amidst COVID-19," May 13, 2020
- Speaker, Vicente Sederberg LLP, "Webinar: Post-election Opportunities in the Cannabis Industry,” Webinar, November 19, 2020
- Speaker, Vicente Sederberg LLP, "Webinar: Challenging a Cannabis License Denial,” Webinar, October 27, 2020
In the Media
- Cannabis Dispensary Magazine, "When (and How) to Challenge a Cannabis License Denial," November 18, 2020
- Phoenix News Times, "Arizona Approves Prop 207 Marijuana Legalization Initiative," November 3, 2020