Jessica Scardina is a partner and chair of Vicente Sederberg's Colorado regulatory law practice and routinely advises clients on how to navigate the complex and rapidly-changing regulatory landscape. She joined Vicente Sederberg in 2014, when adult-use marijuana licensing began in Colorado, and focuses her practice almost exclusively on marijuana licensing and regulatory compliance.
Working closely with businesses as well as state and local regulatory officials, Jessica helps develop and implement marijuana regulations to advance the marijuana industry in a dynamic and responsible manner. She has assisted clients in obtaining marijuana licenses in various jurisdictions throughout Colorado and is well-versed in the regulations and practices of the MED and most jurisdictions along the Front Range.
Jessica is an active member of legal and cannabis-related associations and working groups, and was recognized by her peers as one of 5280 magazine's Denver Top Lawyers in 2021.
Prior to joining Vicente Sederberg, Jessica worked at a small Denver law firm specializing in corporate law, business planning, and taxation. Jessica holds a Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, from the University of California, Santa Cruz. She holds a law degree from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, where she served as a staff editor for the University of Denver Law Review.
Leadership & Community Involvement
- Member, Marijuana Licensing Working Group, Denver Department of Excise & Licenses, 2020
- Member, Denver Bar Association, 2009-Present
- Member, Young Lawyers Division, Colorado Bar Association, 2009-Present
- Member, Business Law Section, Colorado Bar Association, 2009-Present
- Member, Cannabis Law Section, Colorado Bar Association, 2009-Present
- 5280 magazine, "Denver's Top Lawyers," 2021
Co-author, "Coronavirus and Cannabis: Colorado Regulatory Updates," May 1, 2020
Author, "Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division Eliminate 90-Day Grace Period for Late License Renewals," December 12, 2019
- Co-author, "Public Companies Can Now Own Cannabis Licenses in Colorado," November 18, 2019
Co-author, "Recent Status of Colorado HB19-1090: Publicly Licensed Marijuana Companies," August 26, 2019
- Author, "The Right Path," Culture Magazine, December 7, 2017
In the Media
- Law.com, "Higher Law - NY Weed: What's Next?," April 9, 2021
- CannabisWire, "Denver’s Cannabis Work Group Debates How to Fund Social Equity Program," June 29, 2020
- CannabisWire, "In Denver, a Debate Begins Over How to Create an Equitable Cannabis Hospitality Industry," June 1, 2020
- Cannabis Wire, "Denver Cannabis Regulators Weigh Delivery, with Equity in Mind," May 18, 2020
- Cannabis Wire, "Denver Is Forming a New Cannabis Work Group," April 28, 2020
- Boulder Daily Camera, "Boulder approves new marijuana licensing body as industry mergers, acquisitions pick up," August 15, 2019