Kim Napoli is the director of diversity, equity & inclusion at Vicente Sederberg LLP. As a member of the firm's new Impact & ESG Practice Group, she is responsible for assisting clients in the creation, implementation, and progress made towards their goals related to diversity, equity and inclusion. She also works to ensure compliance in these areas as they relate to regulations and laws at the state and federal levels, with a focus on plans to positively impact communities. Kim is a deft strategic advisor who works diligently, and with good instinct, for the benefit of her clients and the industry.
Prior to this, Kim worked in a number of roles for a national cannabis company including, senior director of corporate social responsibility and director of diversity programs. Since 2017, Kim has served on the Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission’s Cannabis Advisory Board as Governor Charlie Baker’s appointed expert in minority business development. In this role, she helps the Cannabis Control Commission in the development and implementation of the state’s cannabis regulations and policy. She also served as the director of outreach for the successful 2016 campaign to legalize cannabis in Massachusetts. In addition, Kim is a member of the Cannabis Trade Federation’s Diversity Equity and Inclusion Task Force.
Kim holds a Bachelor of Science in Sociology from Suffolk University; College of Arts and Science, and a Juris Doctor from Suffolk University Law School. She is active in her local communities and has served as an appointed member of the Roxbury Strategic Masterplan Oversight Committee and as a member of the Sudbury Public School’s Superintendents Reopening Task Force. Kim is also an elected corporator for Middlesex Saving Bank in Massachusetts.
Leadership & Community Involvement
Appointed Expert in Minority Business Development, Cannabis Advisory Board, Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission, 2017-Present
Board Member, Cannabis Trade Federation Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force, 2019-Present
Director of Outreach, Question 4 Campaign to Legalize Cannabis in Massachusetts
Elected Corporator, Middlesex Saving Bank
Member, Roxbury Strategic Masterplan Oversight Committee
Member, Superintendents Reopening Task Force, Sudbury Public Schools
- Moderator, Vicente Sederberg LLP, "Cannabis Accounting 101: Intro to Accounting for Social Equity Operators,” Online, January 13, 2022
- Speaker, Boston Freedom Rally, "Cannabis Activism Panel,” Boston, September 18, 2021
- Speaker, Vicente Sederberg LLP, "From CEP to SIP: Social Impact Plans and Annual Reports for Denver Cannabis Businesses,” Webinar, July 07, 2021
In the Media
- Cannabis Business Times, "U.S. Cannabis Council Launches Internship Program to Advance Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Industry," December 16, 2021
- Marijuana Venture, "DEI Programming: A Must for Cannabis Companies," November 1, 2021
- Marijuana Business Daily, "How Cannabis Companies Can Improve Environmental and Social Impact," July 23, 2021
- WeedWorthy, "Why ESG Is Important to Cannabis Businesses More than Ever Before," July 23, 2021