J.D., Pepperdine University School of Law
M.D.R., Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution
B.A., University of Notre Dame
Luke K. Stanton is a Partner at Vicente Sederberg LLP in the firm’s Los Angeles office, where he focuses his practice on helping founders and entrepreneurs build compelling and differentiated businesses in the cannabis and hemp industries.
As the Founder and Executive Chairman of Frontera Law Group, one of California’s leading cannabis business specialty law firms, Luke and the Frontera team helped develop an array of best-in-class cannabis companies, brands, producers and ancillary service providers across the state of California, assisting them in all stages of growth, from start-up to exit, and its client roster boasts a number of companies that have grown into nine- and ten-figure businesses. In the Fall of 2019, Luke joined Vicente Sederberg, where he continues to focus his work on helping clients building successful and unique enterprises in cannabis, hemp and other emerging markets.
Luke’s understanding of the business world is aided by his own business endeavors. He is a Founding Partner at Skyfront Holdings Ltd., an international insurance platform specializing in serving the insurance needs of emerging markets globally, and currently very focused on developing insurance solutions for cannabis and hemp. With agencies in Las Vegas, London and Bermuda, Skyfront helps clients around the world identify the best coverage options possible to protect their businesses. Luke is also a Managing Partner at Skytree Capital Partners, a Nevada-based private equity firm focused on the cannabis and hemp industries, and he spent nearly three years on the Board of Directors of Sunniva Inc.
Luke received his B.A. in Political Science from the University of Notre Dame. He attended Pepperdine University’s School of Law and Pepperdine’s Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, the nation’s leading Dispute Resolution program, earning his Juris Doctorate and Master’s Degree in the same three years. Luke continues to focus his legal work in the state of California, where he sees vast opportunities for the growth and evolution of cannabis and hemp for many years to come.
- Speaker, State of Marijuana, "Federal Versus State: Policies, Reforms and Legislative Initiatives,” California, August 26, 2017
- Speaker, Institutional Capital & Cannabis Conference (IC3), "Investment Opportunities in Cannabis,” California, March 28, 2017
- Speaker, Southern California Cannabis Conference & Expo, "California Laws & Regulations,” California, August 07, 2016
- Speaker, Cannabis Entrepreneur Summit, "How to Avoid the Most Costly Legal Mistakes That Happen Every Day in Cannabis Business,” California, May 13, 2016
In the Media
- 10Buds, "California’s Best Marijuana Lawyers – And Who Should Hire Them," April 20, 2020
- Law360, "California Cannabis Firm Founders Join Vicente Sederberg," December 4, 2019
- LA Cannabis News, "Burning Man with Your Clothes On…Summit LA 19," November 12, 2019
- High Times , "Will California Be The Domino Needed To End Federal Prohibition?," November 4, 2017
- BLOOM Farm News, "All You Need to Know About New Cannabis Legislation After the Election," November 21, 2016
- Cannabis Industry Journal, "California Poised to Make Huge Advances in Market Expansion and Regulation," September 16, 2016
- Financial Times, "Cannabis: Silicon Valley’s Hot New Sector," August 7, 2015
- HUB International, "HUB Helps Private Equity Firm Provide Cannabis Businesses with the Liability Insurance they Need,"
- LeFair Magazine, "High Times: The Cannabis Industry After Prop 64,"