Phil Silverman serves as counsel at Vicente Sederberg in the Boston office. As a member of the firm’s Land Use & Zoning and Licensing practice groups, he assists clients in developing strategies to create working relationships with municipalities to implement a practical and business-friendly approach to operations. Phil guides clients through real estate development issues affecting the business and the local permitting and licensing processes. He has developed community outreach programs, impact plans and negotiated host community agreements with over 60 Massachusetts cities and towns.
Prior to joining VS, Phil practiced commercial law in Boston for more than 25 years, with a focus on business bankruptcy reorganizations and personal insolvency matters. He was also the Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel for MassMedicum Corp., one of the first twenty licensed medical marijuana dispensaries in Massachusetts. Phil holds degrees from Dartmouth College and the University of San Diego School of Law.
Co-Author, "Can Hemp Companies Declare Bankruptcy?" September 27, 2019
- Speaker, The Business of Cannabis Forum, "Community Relations: Changing the Conversation and Local Business Landscape,” Boston, June 11, 2019
In the Media
- Athol Daily News Online, "Athol Selectboard OKs Host Agreement for Marijuana Operation," January 11, 2020
- Worcester Business Journal, "Marijuana Subpoenas Cause a Stir Among Central Mass. Communities," November 27, 2019
- The Reminder, "First Recreational Cannabis Store to Open Shortly in Chicopee, More Coming," April 11, 2019
- Worcester Telegram & Gazette, "Marijuana Drives New Industry in Central Mass. Cities, Towns," April 5, 2019