Valerio Romano is a partner at Vicente Sederberg LLP. Based in the firm's Boston office, Valerio focuses his practice on all aspects of land use and municipal law, representing numerous cannabis business licensees and prospective licensees from the Berkshires to Cape Cod. Beginning with VGR Law Firm, PC, and now with Vicente Sederberg LLP, Valerio has worked to site cannabis businesses across Massachusetts and around the country since 2012. He works with clients through the application and licensing process, helping to site and secure real estate and maintain ongoing regulatory compliance. He also works regularly with mayors, city councilors, selectmen, planners, police chiefs, and state officials to resolve issues cannabis businesses face with host communities.
Valerio has been a staunch advocate for sensible marijuana policy for more than a decade. He was a member of the drafting committee for Question 4, the 2016 ballot initiative that legalized marijuana for adult use and opened the doors for the legal cannabis industry in the Commonwealth. He previously worked with cannabis pioneers at Pier 5 law offices in San Francisco to defend against the government's overreach into the marijuana industry.
- National Law Journal, 'Cannabis Law Trailblazer,' 2019
- Co-author, "Massachusetts Cannabis Law Manual," MCLE New England, 2019
In the Media
- In the Weeds Podcast, "Is Cannabis the Exit Drug? Valerio Romano of Vicente Sederberg has some pretty compelling evidence!," May 30, 2019
- In the Weeds Podcast, "Host Agreements for Cannabis Dispensaries is a Challenge On So Many Levels," May 30, 2019
- In the Weeds Podcast, "Weed, legal or not? The Feds and States can’t get it right!," May 26, 2019
- New England Real Estate Journal, "New England Real Estate Journal Hosts 3rd Annual Cannabis in CRE Summit," March 29, 2019
- The Eagle-Tribune, "Pot Sales Drawing Competition from Other States," March 11, 2019