Corporate & Business
Vicente Sederberg LLC has been on the cutting edge of cannabis law and policy since day one of the state-regulated marijuana industry. We use this knowledge and experience to help businesses and investors, both new and experienced, navigate federal, state, and local marijuana laws, connect with other key players, and close deals.
The VS Corporate Practice Group offers a full suite of corporate and business legal services, including:
- Corporate structuring, entity formation, and corporate governance
- Commercial contract review, including specialized marijuana contracts (e.g., trim processing agreements)
- Corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions (involving licensed and non-licensed businesses), debt and equity investments, asset purchases and sales, and real estate transactions
- Private placements and other securities law matters, including acting as regulatory counsel for publicly traded companies in connection with financings and general disclosure matters
- Fund formation
- Advising non-cannabis companies on the legal risks involved in entering the cannabis industry
- Equity incentive plans and employment contracts
- Intellectual property protection, including licensing transactions and federal and state trademarks and copyrights
- Regulatory and other specialized opinions
- General regulatory and compliance counseling
Experience & Expertise
VS has played a key role in advancing the cannabis industry, and it continues to shape public policy through its work with advocates and governmental bodies at the local, state, and national levels. Our unique familiarity with local and state regulatory systems enables us to effectively guide clients through the cannabis policy labyrinth and ensure they stay ahead of the curve and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
The VS Corporate Practice Group has more than a dozen experienced attorneys based in Boston, Denver, Jacksonville, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. They provide businesses with the guidance, expertise, and transactional documents they need to achieve success, beginning with initial formation and continuing through operational, growth, and other stages.