Hemp & Cannabinoids
Vicente Sederberg LLC is an established leader in the fields of hemp and cannabinoid law and policy. Our attorneys have unparalleled experience working with federal, state, and local hemp laws and regulatory programs, and we use it to help our clients understand the current and future legal landscapes governing hemp and cannabinoids. We also have collaborative co-counsel relationships with national and international experts, allowing our clients to take advantage of opportunities not just throughout the U.S., but around the world.
The VS Hemp and Cannabinoids Practice Group assists a wide range of entities across the various sectors of the hemp and cannabinoid industry, including producers, distributors, and manufacturers; brands and ancillary businesses; trade associations; nonprofits; universities and other research institutions; and governments. Our services include:
- Assessing state hemp regulatory programs and assisting clients with the navigation of federal, state, and local laws, identification of potential conflicts, and mitigation of risk; we also provide updates and guidance regarding relevant changes in law
- Helping clients maintain legal and regulatory compliance when cultivating, marketing, selling, and/or shipping hemp and hemp products, including hemp-derived cannabinoid oils and isolates, hemp-based foods, supplements, beverages, cosmetics, and other products
- Advising on matters involving federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Department of Food and Agriculture, the Food and Drug Administration, the Drug Enforcement Administration, and state agricultural and health departments.
Policy & Regulatory Expertise
Members of the VS team played a leading role in drafting, passing, and implementing Amendment 64, which made Colorado the first state to legalize and regulate the cultivation of industrial hemp. The firm’s Hemp and Cannabinoids Practice Group continues to participate in legislative and regulatory processes, utilizing our policy and legal expertise to:
- Advise local and state governments and regulatory agencies on the development of hemp laws and regulations.
- Engage regularly with lawmakers and government agencies to provide comments and feedback on proposed legislation, regulations, and other policy considerations.
- Help industry groups and individual stakeholders participate in legislative and rulemaking processes to ensure their voices are heard.