Cassia Furman Slated to Present at PLI's Cannabis Business Fundamentals 2022 Event
Apr 8, 2022
VS partner Cassia Furman will participate in Practising Law Institute's Cannabis: Business Fundamentals 2022 event on April 12, 2022 in San Francisco, California. She will join attorneys Susan Hays and Lauren Rudick for the panel "The Current Legal Cannabis Landscape: An Overview and Comparative Study."
The Current Legal Cannabis Landscape: An Overview and Comparative Study | 9:15 a.m. PT
- A brief update on the federal government’s approach to cannabis legalization.
- Compare key states with regulated cannabis markets: understand their legalization process, licensing structure and regulatory regimes.
- Understand the status and success of equity licensing programs across the United States.
- Analyze an overview of federal tax issues for cannabis companies (280E) and what it looks like at the state level.
- Understand the advantages and obstacles for multi-state operators.
About the Event
The cannabis industry continues to grow quickly, as does the legal industry supporting it. Firms of all sizes and attorneys in various practice areas are being asked to offer counsel and advice on regulatory compliance, large-scale disputes, national and international expansion, complicated corporate structures, and the development of domestic and global intellectual portfolios--all while managing the risk involved with operating a business that is still federally unlawful. You will learn about the legal landscape in the cannabis industry, what's hot in today's cannabis legal sector, litigation issues, and how best to develop a strong intellectual property portfolio. This program also has groundbreaking sessions on ethics and substance abuse. If you are considering serving cannabis clients or already do, this is a must-attend event on the legal and business issues you will confront every day.
CLEs are available for this event. Register here.