Vote for Shawn Hauser's "How Cannabis Can Save the U.S. Economy" SXSW 2023 panel
Aug 16, 2022
SXSW 2023 Panelpicker is open for voting and Shawn Hauser, amongst others, needs your help to make it to SXSW 2023!
The pandemic showed us that cannabis is basically recession proof. BDSA found that global legal cannabis sales in 2020 were 45% higher than in 2019. That's good news as the economy falters and more states bring their cannabis industry online. According to MarketsandMarkets™, the global cannabis market is expected to reach $90.4 billion by 2026 representing annual growth of 28.0%. Cannabis creates new revenue streams for other sectors and is a job creation machine in many communities hit hard by the pandemic. So can this industry keep the economy propped up when we need it most? This session gathers leading experts in the U.S. cannabis market to discuss cannabis’ emerging role in our economy.
- Discuss the value of the cannabis industry and the ways that different state economies can benefit from legalization.
- Explore the sectors the cannabis industry touches outside of its own and the revenue streams it could create.
- Learn about the massive employment potential across the cannabis supply chain.
- George Mancheril, CEO and CO-Founder, Bespoke Financial
- Karson Humiston, Founder, Vangst
- Mark Sims, President and CEO, RIV Capital
- Shawn Hauser, Partner, Vicente Sederberg
SXSW Community Voting: August 9-21, 2022
Create an account and vote HERE