Jennifer Cabrera to Present CLE on Cannabis Interstate Commerce with New Jersey State Bar Association
Jul 6, 2021
VS counsel Jennifer Cabrera will join New Jersey State Bar Association for the CLE "Interstate Commerce of Cannabis: The Impact and Aftermath of Siloed Markets" on July 15, 2021 at 12 p.m.
About the Event:
Non-hemp cannabis (marijuana) is legal for cultivation, manufacture, sale and use under the medical marijuana programs of 36 states, the District of Columbia and several U.S. territories. More than one-third of those jurisdictions also permit nonmedical or adult-use. Because marijuana remains a Schedule I controlled substance under federal law, however, it cannot be sold, transported or shipped across state lines.
In this 90-minute program, panelists will discuss a range of topics related to the interstate commerce ban, including licensee residency requirements adopted in many states (and associated litigation); the Dormant Commerce Clause; economic and social equity implications of closed markets; and the possibility of interstate compacts as a stopgap. Speakers will also address the ban’s impact on medical patients and considerations for licensed operators, governments and regulators.
- Licensee residency requirements adopted in many states (and associated litigation)
- The Dormant Commerce Clause
- Economic and social equity implications of closed markets
- The possibility of interstate compacts as a stopgap
- The ban’s impact on medical patients and considerations for licensed operators, governments and regulators