Supporting Missouri's New Cannabis Legalization Initiative
Jan 31, 2020
Cannabis activists in Missouri officially launched their campaign to put marijuana legalization on the Show-Me State’s November 2020 ballot.
Missourians for a New Approach, which includes some of the same advocates behind the medical marijuana campaign in 2018, announced yesterday that it will begin working to collect the 160,119 verified signatures needed by the May 3, 2020 deadline.
In 2018, Missourians approved medical marijuana by an overwhelming majority of 66 percent— which is likely to translate into strong support for legalizing adult-use in 2020. If the effort is successful, Missouri could be the 12th state to legalize adult-use marijuana.
Some of the key provisions of initiative petition 2020-128 include:
- Allowing Missourians 21 years and older to possess marijuana
- Taxing retail sales of marijuana at 15%, with the funds being split between veterans’ services, Missouri’s roads and bridges, and drug addiction treatment
- Allowing local communities to opt-out of adult-use retail marijuana sales through public vote
- Allowing Missourians with certain marijuana-related offenses to expunge their criminal record
Vicente Sederberg LLP is pleased to be actively involved in working to make cannabis legalization in Missouri a reality! To help raise funds for the campaign, we’re hosting an exclusive insider briefing with Missourians for a New Approach’s campaign manager John Payne.
Come show your support for the campaign on the evening of Tuesday, February 11, in our Denver office, where you’ll hear more about this important initiative and the business opportunities it will create in Missouri.
- What: Fundraiser for Missourians for a New Approach
- When: Tuesday, February 11, 2020
- Time: 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Where: Vicente Sederberg LLP - 455 Sherman Street, Suite 390 - Denver, Colorado