New York Black Institute Group to Host Cannabis Workshop Featuring Jennifer Cabrera
Sep 29, 2022
The Black Institute Group is hosting another New York cannabis workshop on October 4 that will educate attendees on New York’s cannabis application process, available funding resources, and how to avoid being scammed by industry predators. VS counsel Jennifer Cabrera is a featured presenter at the workshop.
Attendees will enjoy an in-person award ceremony with refreshments and the opportunity to network with key professionals in the cannabis industry, elected officials and more.
Topics to be covered include:
- The Application Process: what does it entail?
- Social Equity Fund and other capital support
- What constitutes a microbusiness and cooperative?
- How to avoid industry predators
- Bertha Lewis: Founder and CEO @ Black Institute Group
- Kevin D. Kim: Commissioner at NYC Department of Small Business Services
- Jennifer Cabrera: Counsel at Vicente Sederberg LLP
- Walter T. Mosley: Senior International Public Relations Strategist at Gotham Government Relations and Communications
- Shiest Bubz: Legacy Cannabis Operator/Creator & Innovator at Smokers Club Festival and Purp Invaderz
- Leo Bridgewater Sr.: Partner at Heart Community Capital and Co-host at Smoke and Hero’s Podcast
When: October 4, 6:00 – 10:00 p.m. ET
Where: Major R. Owens Health & Wellness Community Center