Vicente Sederberg LLP New York Tri-State Cannabis Update: June 2022
Jul 5, 2022
Sign up for New York Tri-State updates from Vicente Sederberg LLP
Welcome to our inaugural tri-state newsletter! Each month we will highlight notable cannabis information from New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
Read the Medical Cannabis Home Cultivation Revised Regulations - Comment period closes on July 25
Read the Proposed Laboratory Testing Regulations - Comment period closes on August 15
Read the Proposed Packaging, Labeling, Marketing and Advertising Regulations - Comment period closes on August 15
June 30, 2022 | New York Cannabis Advisory Board
- Watch the meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8EnYmLASj8
July 14 | NHCC Tri-State Chapter Launch Party
Please join us for the National Hispanic Cannabis Council's Tri-State Chapter launch party!
- Date: Thursday, July 14, 2022
- Time: 6 – 10 p.m. ET
- Location: Mi Casa Creative | 70 Hester St, NYC
- RSVP here!
CRC Approves Filing of New Regulations
Last Thursday, the Cannabis Regulatory Commission (CRC) approved the filing of new regulations. These are targeted to be filed on August 1, with public comment ending on September 30, 2022.
Among other things, the rules will:
- Codify the licensing process, including priority review and approval for applications from target groups
- Continues low application fees and competitive licensing fees
- Adds details for new license types: Class 3 Cannabis Wholesalers, Class 4 Cannabis Distributors, and Class 6 Cannabis Delivery Services
- Expand flexibility for microbusinesses
- Codify purchase limits for adult-use consumers: 1 oz of flower = 4 grams concentrates = 1,000 mg THC in edible form
- Improve safety by making THC and CBD levels clearer and requiring retailers to provide consumer information on safe cannabis use
June 30, 2022 | New Jersey Cannabis Regulatory Commission
July 28, 2022 | New Jersey Cannabis Regulatory Commission
- Register to speak or submit comments in writing to the Commission here by Friday, July 22. Written comments will become part of the public record.
July 14, 2022 | New Jersey Cannabis Insider Live Business Meetup
September 9-10 | NECANN New Jersey
Read: DCP Medical Marijuana Laboratory Testing - Effective Date June 13, 2022
July 12 | Social Equity Council
Questions about cannabis in New York, New Jersey and/or Connecticut? We're here to help with corporate law, market analysis, selecting a location, community outreach, licensing, and more. Please feel free to reach out to our Tri-state team.