Shawn Hauser Discusses the New USDA Hemp Rules with Hemp Industry Daily
Nov 14, 2019
VS Partner and Chair of the Hemp & Cannabinoids Practice Group Shawn Hauser recently sat down with Kristen Nichols, Editor of Hemp Industry Daily, to discuss what hemp businesses need to know about the new USDA hemp rules.
During the interview they discuss:
- Which government entities regulate hemp and hemp derivatives
- THC testing rules for hemp
- Changes to import/export laws and interstate commerce
- Government assistance for farmers, including crop insurance and loans
- Seed certification and seed/clone requirements
- State-specific hemp plans
- "Wins" for businesses
- USDA comment period
The USDA had a tough job of creating this federal framework, and while the rules are not perfect, this is a big step forward for a crop that was in prohibition for so long. Don't miss the live Q&A with Kristen on November 19, 2019, where she will field questions from attendees in realtime.