Shawn Hauser to Speak About Hemp CBD at CRN Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Forum on Dietary Supplements
May 7, 2021
American Conference Institute (ACI) and the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN) will host the industry’s premier legal and regulatory dietary supplements conference from June 8-10, 2021.
On June 9, VS partner Shawn Hauser will present The Path Forward for CBD: Exploring the Journey to Legalize Hemp-Derived CBD. Topics covered include:
- H.R. 841 - Hemp and Hemp-Derived CBD Consumer Protection and Market Stabilization Act
- What became of H.R. 8179 in the last Congress?
- Likelihood of FDA actions for CBD in the Biden Administration
- Effects of FDA’s withdrawal of its Cannabidiol Enforcement Policy; Draft Guidance for Industry and release of its notice entitled “Better Data for a Better Understanding of the Use and Safety Profile of Cannabidiol (CBD) Products
- Navigate the dangers of inconsistent state CBD laws in the absence of federal regulation
- Loss of potential revenue streams to industry resulting from this federal and state legal and regulatory conundrum
- The risks of “sitting it out” vs. “going rogue”
- The unspoken connection between finalizing FDA’s NDIN draft guidance and creating a legal pathway for CBD
- Consider how an NDI-only pathway for CBD could derail the economic intent of the Farm Bill