[Webinar] Minor Cannabinoids: Exploring the Science, Legality, and Opportunities
May 13, 2021
While THC and CBD are the two most commonly known and sought-after “major” cannabinoids, several “minor” cannabinoids have been getting a lot of attention lately (we’re looking at you, Delta-8!). Despite the increasing buzz around minor cannabinoids, questions remain about their legality, real market potential, and the current and future regulatory landscape for hemp producers, manufacturers, and retailers.
Watch this recorded panel discussion exploring the science, legality, and regulation of minor cannabinoids, including Delta-8, featuring the Spock of Cannabis, a hemp processor, an FDA regulatory attorney, and VS hemp regulatory attorney Andrea Golan, to learn:
- What are minor cannabinoids and what are their effects?
- How do the science and production methods of these cannabinoids inform their legality?
- How are minor cannabinoids, including Delta-8, regulated under federal laws?
- Are minor cannabinoids “legal” under current state laws?
- How are products containing minor cannabinoids tested?
- How are these products regulated by FDA and how might this change in the future?
- What is the market potential for these products?
- What are the implications for the hemp industry?
- Andrea Golan, Associate Attorney - Vicente Sederberg LLP
- Ron Fazio, COO - Hemp Synergistics LLC
- Darwin Millard aka The Spock of Cannabis, Founder - TSOC LLC
- Subcommittee Vice-chair – ASTM International D37.04 on Cannabis Processing & Handling
- Subcommittee Co-chair – ASTM International D37.07 on Industrial Hemp
- Will Woodlee, Partner - Kleinfeld, Kaplan & Becker LLP