[Webinar] Waste Management Issues in the Cannabis Industry
May 4, 2022
Given the special legal status of the cannabis sativa plant, handling waste throughout the cultivation, manufacturing, packaging, and distribution process is complex and unlike any other industry.
Watch this recorded session where experts detail the best waste handling practices and general legal obligations for cannabis industry operators.
Topics of discussion included:
- General waste handling and disposal requirements for operations
- Common cannabis waste generated and handling methodology
- Special handling requirements for hazardous waste
- Opportunities to reduce costs associated with cannabis waste
- Michelle Bodian – Counsel, Vicente Sederberg LLP
- Jake Mitchell – Senior Consultant, Resource Innovations
- Brandon Rhea – Senior Compliance Officer & Sustainability Program Coordinator, Native Roots Cannabis Co.
- Garrett Rodewald – COO & Co-Founder, GAIACA Waste Revitalization
- Adam Weissman – Senior Project Manager/Engineer, EnSafe