Weed Wonks Episode 53: 2020 Year in Cannabis
Dec 31, 2020
Weed Wonks is a weekly cannabis policy podcast co-hosted by Jordan Wellington and Andrew Livingston. The show goes beyond the headlines to examine the implications and evolution of the complex world of cannabis regulation. Each episode features a special guest with in-depth knowledge of cannabis law and regulations, including regulators, operators, investors, legislators, experts, and lawyers.
In this episode, Andrew and Jordan discuss the cannabis industry highlights from 2020 (pre-and-during pandemic):
- The excitement of Michigan's first adult-use sales
- Vaporizer crisis found to be caused by black market cannabis vapes (regulation works!)
- Cannabis businesses deemed essential during the coronavirus pandemic
- Speed of policy innovation during the pandemic, including online ordering and curbside pickups
- Data related to the cannabis sales explosion in many markets in 2020
- Clean sweep for cannabis on Election Day 2020
- What the wonks are most excited about for 2021
Click here to listen!