Weed Wonks Episode 56: The Nitty Gritty of Cannabis Finance with Charles Alovisetti
Apr 7, 2021
Weed Wonks is a weekly cannabis policy podcast co-hosted by Jordan Wellington and Andrew Livingston. The show goes beyond the headlines to examine the implications and evolution of the complex world of cannabis regulation. Each episode features a special guest with in-depth knowledge of cannabis law and regulations, including regulators, operators, investors, legislators, experts, and lawyers.
In this episode, Andrew and Jordan discuss the finer points of legal marijuana finance, equity, and investments with VS corporate attorney Charlie Alovisetti, including:
- What is the Black Letter Law?
- Will the feds come knocking on the doors of cannabis businesses and investors?
- How can cannabis companies raise money and how much equity is needed to start a business?
- How do companies navigate the state and local practical issues that arise in the cannabis industry?
- What is "institutional money" and can it be used for cannabis investing?
- What are SPACs and REITs?
- What is the current role of lending and banking in the cannabis industry?