J.D., magna cum laude, Whittier Law School
B.A., University of California San Diego
Andrea Golan is an associate attorney in Vicente Sederberg’s Los Angeles office and a member of the firm’s regulatory compliance and hemp practice groups. Her practice focuses on advising businesses in ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements for cultivating, processing, testing, marketing, and selling cannabis products- including advising businesses with respect to the intersection of federal, state, and local laws.
Prior to joining VS, Andrea was an associate attorney at a national insurance defense firm, where her practice focused on commercial and business litigation, public entity defense, catastrophic injury, and medical malpractice.
Andrea graduated magna cum laude from Whittier Law School, where she served as Research Editor of the Whittier Law Review. Prior to law school, Andrea worked in customs and regulatory compliance, where she handled sourcing, manufacturing, laboratory testing, packaging, labeling, customs compliance, and factory audits and inspections for housewares and consumables. Andrea also worked as a Congressional Liaison Officer for the Federal Emergency Management Agency, where she served as a liaison to Members of Congress and their congressional staffers to ensure they were informed of FEMA policies and programs, in addition to assisting individuals and communities with disaster recovery.
Leadership & Community Involvement
- Member, International Cannabis Bar Association
- Member, Cannabis Committee, American Herbal Products Association
- Member, Government Relations Committee, American Herbal Products Association
Co-author, "Where Did Cannabis Ballot Measures Win in California on Election Day 2020?" November 18, 2020
Author, "Can Cannabis Businesses Defer Employment Taxes Due to the Coronavirus?" April 24, 2020
Co-author, "A Closer Look at California COVID-19 Relief Programs," April 22, 2020
Author, "The CARES Act: Impact on Hemp Businesses," April 17, 2020
Author, "Prop 65 Warning Requirements for Cannabis, THC and CBD," April 13, 2020
- Speaker, Vicente Sederberg LLP, "Webinar: Challenging a Cannabis License Denial,” Webinar, October 27, 2020
- Speaker, Alameda County Bar Association , "What Attorneys Should Know About the Legal Status of Hemp and CBD Products in California and Beyond,” Online, September 15, 2020
- Speaker, AHPA Hemp-CBD Supplement Virtual Congress, "Progress on FDA Interim Final Rule Implementation Workshop,” Online, August 20, 2020
- Speaker, Vicente Sederberg LLP, "California Cannabis Packaging and Labeling Compliance,” Webinar, July 15, 2020
In the Media
- Cannabis Dispensary Magazine, "When (and How) to Challenge a Cannabis License Denial," November 18, 2020
- Bloomberg Law, "Professional Perspective: The Impact of COVID-19 on the Cannabis Industry," November 5, 2020
- Marijuana Moment, "USDA Releases Video Explainer On Its Draft Rules For Hemp," November 5, 2019